We believe that innovation not only fuels our company, it is also what fuels our society and makes this nation great in good times and in bad.
There will always be challenges in every industry and society, but the ability to develop innovative solutions to these challenges is what sets us apart.
Since our focus has always been on creating breakthroughs in products and service to transform the way industries work, we compiled this list of some of our favorite quotes about innovation from a few of the most influential minds of all time (we had to put Einstein on there twice)!
Our hope is to help inspire our readers for the new year and encourage you to contribute your own innovations in 2014.
1. “Vision is the art of seeing things invisible.” – Jonathan Swift
2. “We cannot solve a problem by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.”- Albert Einstein
3. “A discovery is said to be an accident meeting a prepared mind. –Albert Szent-Györgyi, physiologist who won the Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine in 1937
4. “I failed my way to success.” – Thomas Edison
5. “The key to success is for you to make a habit throughout your life of doing the things you fear.” –Vincent Van Gogh
6. “Ideas won’t keep. Something must be done about them.” – Alfred North Whitehead
7. “I am looking for a lot of people who have an infinite capacity to not know what can’t be done.” – Henry Ford
8. “What is now proved was once only imagined.” – William Blake
9. “Innovation distinguishes between a leader and a follower.” –Steve Jobs
10. “If I have a thousand ideas and only one turns out to be good, I am satisfied.” – Alfred Noble
11. “If you can dream it, you can do it.” – Walt Disney
12. “If at first the idea is not absurd, then there will be no hope for it.” –Albert Einstein
13. “You can have brilliant ideas, but if you can’t get them across, your ideas won’t get you anywhere.” – Lee Iaccocca
14. “Swipe from the best, then adapt.” – Tom Peters, author of In Search of Excellence
15. “It is the essence of genius to make use of the simplest ideas.”- Charles Peguy, French poet